As I am currently visiting the parents in Australia, I thought I would pick up some of an old staple which we don’t get in the UK – covergirl! Following their branding, will their BB cream and Lip perfection lipstick make me a Covergirl? Let’s find out..
CG Smoothers BB Cream
Firstly, this does state on its packaging, ‘BB cream’, followed by ‘tinted moisturiser + SPF’ and this is where I find my first issue – this is not a BB cream, this is just a tinted moisturiser. It comes out very liquidy (is that a word? The scientist in me cringes) and has a slightly strange smell. When putting it on it felt quite greasy and didn’t provide really any coverage, maybe if you stood further enough away then my bags were slightly less apparent but it didn’t give me what I was looking for.
- If you’re looking for a tinted moisturiser then this could be a good option – it is light, you get a decent amount and it has SPF (given only 15, which if you’re in NZ/Aus will last you about an hour).
- My skin was moisturised, if slightly greasy.
- It is really cheap – I got this on sale for $8 which is about 3 pounds (maybe I should have expected this outcome from the start..?)
- My skin still looks exactly like my skin.
- The scent is slightly cloying and not enjoyable.
- Pretty much most things if you expect this to be a BB cream.
Overall – Save your pennies ladies, I am not ready to grace a cover – 1/5.
Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick
I got this in 260 – heavenly paradisiaque (pretty sure that is not a word..) and after my BB cream slather, I was not expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised! This does smell like plastic and goes on slightly greasy but it is a lovely pigment, it stayed on after I scoffed my way through a giant Easter breakfast and for the $7 I paid for it – bargain alert!
- Lovely pigment, my lips looked nice and it stayed on for the morning.
- Doesn’t dry out your lips
- A huge range of colours, I think it one is nice and ‘work appropriate’ – plus great prices!
- Smell – unless you enjoy plastic, but it does fade after awhile.
- Slightly greasy texture but I suppose this is ‘moisturising’.
Overall – I actually enjoyed this and how it looked so I would give it 4/5. Here are both:
I had just woken up so apologise for the slight ‘puffiness’ – I can only hope this fades during the day. Am I ready for a Cover? No I am not, but am I wearing a work appropriate lip colour which I will wear again? Yes I am.