We made it through February! Feb has been a challenging month. One where I achieved a whole lot, but it did cause a bit of stress along the way. I think it’s so important both in work and in life to just say ‘yes’, even though it may be a challenge, only by doing different and new things will you really begin to grow and stretch yourself!
I took on challenges at work, starting on a brand new project, and organising a really enjoyable tech speakers event. In blog world, I’ve done a complete blog revamp of design and some content and I organised 2 bloggers meet ups in London and Manchester! I’ve had 3 trips to Manchester, started organising holidays for later in the year, cooked, started cutting out diet coke and managed to walk 10,000 steps most days. It has been a busy 28 days!
So here are 10 happy things from the past couple of weeks. Bring on a fabulous March!
1. By far the best things I have done this month are my two blog meet ups! I organised one in London and one in Manchester. It was so nice to meet lots of bloggers in person, sit down and have some nibbles and a drink together. I really like relaxed afternoons where you can just have a good chat and get to know people. Even though the weather was a bit useless, lovely bloggers battled the rain and hopefully everyone had a great time! And alongside that we raised almost 200 pounds for wildhearts! May have to do some more in the future.
2. We bought an air filter. I know that is a bit random, but I really struggle with allergies to dust. They get me down a bit as it causes eczema, asthma and general puffiness which are not enjoyable! The new filter takes all the dust particles out of the air, it has been so nice to not be sneezing all day – I am down to one antihistamine a day!
3. I have been avoiding refined sugar until Easter. I thought it would be really difficult but it has been going well! I’ve been finding lots of other yummy snacks and will report back on my progress.
4. We have been watching suits which I really enjoy! And House of Cards, season 3 has finally been released. I am trying to make them last as long as possible without seeing any spoilers.
5. I’ve been re-reading Harry Potter. Amazing. Enough said.
6. I worked and had a couple of evenings in central London. Since starting my current job I haven’t really worked in the city and I missed it! It was so nice to have a wander about again.
7. The sun! I feel like the sun has finally started showing its face again, along with slightly longer days. Bring on Spring!
8. I’ve been trying some new recipes and made mozzarella stuffed turkey meatballs the other day and they were so good. Will definitely blog about the recipe soon.
9. We booked a little weekend away to the coast for March. It’s only one night but I’m looking forward to some non-technology time.
10. I got a new blog design! I bought it from Etsy from 17th Ave Designs, and it downloads straight away. Then I tweaked it to match my colours and edited my side bar. It is still a work in progress, but I love it so far. I was also thinking of starting some blog advertising, but not sure if anyone would be interested. So if that is something you might be interested in then let me know!
What was your highlight of February?