It’s been a couple of weeks so it’s nice to be back with a new 10 happy things post! The weather is finally looking up here in London and there has definitely been a bit of summer feeling in the year. It’s been a pretty awesome fortnight so let’s jump right in.
1. The bike! I’ve been loving cycling recently and have noticed even in the month or so I have had it, how much stronger my legs are getting. I still can’t keep up with Paul but I am getting there! I did my longest ride to Richmond this weekend, and managed to get up quite a few sizable hills. It’s nice to find a form of exercise which I really enjoy.
2. I got a colouring in book. I know, it was a bit of a random decision, but I was so inspired by Life of Londons post on Mindfulness for Dummies, I could not resist. I do really enjoy it! I got the Art Therapy book and the patterns are so intricate that it feels so creative, not so much like the 5 year old versions I used to do.
3. I ate an epic burger. Paul and I have been meaning to go to Dip and Flip in Battersea for ages, and on Friday we had a walk over. The burger itself is delicious, really decent size, covered in gooey cheese and mayo. Then you dip the whole thing in gravy. Seriously. We will definitely be making a return.
4. I went and had afternoon tea at Sketch London (there has been a lot of eating recently…!) and it was amazing! The space is so unique, expect a full post all about it next week.
5. The lovely LDNBlogmeetup held a blog event at Urban Food Festival which was fab. Not only did I eat a giant hot dog covered in brie, I rounded it off with a nutella crepe (I told you, all the eating!). It was so lovely to meet lots of London bloggers. Thanks to Jenni and Lauren for organising!
6. I started using Periscope. I know it’s a bit random, but I quite enjoy doing a little live stream of what I am getting up to! If you are using it then be sure to follow me over at jasxcharlotte.
7. I was very happy to be listed as one of Holiday Lettings top 20 lifestyle bloggers! It was such a privilege to be on a list with amazing bloggers who I admire – make sure you check out the whole list through the button above.
8. I’ve been doing a lot of good reading recently. I know I haven’t done a book update for AGES. Like seriously since January, but I will get around to it soon. I recently have been getting back into a bit of scifi and read Foundation by Asimov on the train home from Manchester which was epic.
9. I voted! Woo, first time I have voted in the UK, and I strongly believe that everyone who is eligible and able to should vote. The privileged of being able to vote about the society we live in is one of the most powerful rights we have and I never take it for granted.
10. As always I’ve been loving reading your blog posts! Make sure you check out Miss Ponds recent 10k effort and fundraising for Manchester Mind, and Little Miss Katys Happy Monday post which always inspires these little posts!
How has your week been? Leave me your happy moments! Also, I’m currently in the process of drafting my next JC tech feature – allll about SEO, if you have any SEO questions then do let me know and I will be sure to answer them!