Time to be honest – I don’t moisturise after a shower. I wish I had the time to scoop out body butter, lather it on, wait for it to absorb then go about the rest of my day. But I’m impatient and I’m usually already late by the time I get in the shower! After going and getting a massage and being informed my skin is drier than the desert (may have been a marketing ploy to buy some of their products but I took it to heart), I have started my hunt for in-shower moisturisers.
First, I apologise for the stock photos (of which one is terrible) – but I am on my holidays in Australia and I don’t have the products with me to take photos of! But you get the idea. I always see Sanctuary products in Boots, at first I just ignored them as I don’t like spending more than a few pounds on shower products, but after a recommendation with a friend, I swooped some up.
2 Day Moisture Shower Oil
I first found this a bit strange – firstly because I thought oil would be super heavy and make me feel like I had been working on a long shift at Mcdonalds (which was my first ever job so I know how that feels!!), I also thought oil in the shower? Will that not separate and all wash off?
However, I was pleasantly surprised! You put in on your skin, wait a few minutes then wash it off, the water doesn’t immediately force it off and it does have time to soak in – because you wash it off, you don’t feel greasy but just pleasantly plumped.
- Highly moisturising – not sure if it lasts 2 days as I used it everyday but it definitely lasted at least a day.
- Pleasant scent – not over powering or lingering.
- Left skin feeling happy and hydrated.
- It takes quite a lot to cover all of your body – so it doesn’t last too long, I went through a bottle in about 1.5 months but it is about 9 pounds, and very often on 3 for 2.
- You do still need to use a shower gel before – it doesn’t really clean, just moisturise.
- It isn’t in every Boots – you may need to hunt it out or buy online.
- I have (perhaps more than once) slipped on this – be careful, oil is slightly dangerous.
I really enjoy this – I think it’s reasonably priced, makes me feel good and is very hydrating. I will keep using it in the winter months when my skin is in desperate need of a drink.
12 Hour Moisturising Shower Cream
After my success with the oil, I couldn’t find it one time so picked this up instead and I was very pleasantly surprised. This has a milky, creamy texture and is designed to be used right before you get out of the shower.
- Made my skin feel lovely! It gave me the same moisture as if I was using a lotion after coming out of the shower – and it stayed all day.
- This goes a lot further than the oil, the bottle lasted me longer and can be found in more shops.
- Lightly scented – it just reminds me of the typical clean/lotion smell which I find pleasing.
- You could probably get away with just using this and not a shower gel, but I do prefer using a shower gel then lathering this afterwards.
- If your shower is particularly powerful then you may need to put it on slightly out of the shower to stop it getting washed away – it doesn’t stick as well as the oil.
Again, this is one of my favourite shower products which I will continue buying. It makes me skin feel supple, is a good price point and is great for the summer when my skin isn’t extremely parched.
I have also tried the Sanctuary Shower Gel – the plain one but wasn’t as impressed – save your pennies and try these two.