Woo I actually love sitting down in the evening to reflect on the past couple of weeks and write about some happy things which have happened. I am currently in a hotel room as Paul is at his Christmas do watching Don’t Tell The Bride, eating salsa and Doritos and having a good twitter chat, so I am feeling cozy and ready to write.
1. Serial. Oh serial. It ended on Thursday and I thought the last episode was fabulous. It really summed up the whole series and left a very satisfying ending. If you haven’t listened to serial, then please do, I think it is one of the most creative and well produced radio shows that I have ever listened to.
2. I tweeted on a twitter chat the other day that it is so typical that the posts I looove writing and think are really cool are normally the ones which no one reads (I was thinking of my recent gin post) and I had so many people reply saying the same thing happens to them! Made me laugh that we bloggers have the same problems.
3. I had a vegetarian Christmas dinner party! One of our friends Sam is a vege and as there were only three of us, I thought it was worth it to keep the whole meal vege. For starters I made zucchini and haloumi skewers (which were so good, I need to make again!) along with some squash samosas, then for mains I made a caramelized onion and goats cheese tart, along with roast potatoes, stuffing, gravy and vege. I was really happy with how it all turned out and we had a delicious Christmas Red Velvet cake which Sam made for dessert which is up at the top of the blog.
4. We made it back to Honest Burger! It really isn’t far from us, it took us 40 minutes to walk back which is a nice way to walk off the burger. The burgers there are some of my absolute faves, the burger is so soft and juicy and I could probably eat about 5.
5. Anything glazed apple for the body shop, I am obsessed!
6. We watched black mirror during the week and I thought it was fab. I really like how they present issues which are so believable that they may exist in the future. I watched the first season on netflix too which I also really enjoyed so give them a go if you want something different to watch.
7. On the topic of TV, we finished season 2 of Dexter! I really enjoyed it, I find it so nice and easy to watch. I think I need a bit of a Dexter break but I will definitely be watching season 3 in the new year (though some people says season 3 isn’t as good?!).
8. I had a few ‘down days’ this past week. They don’t happen too often but sometimes it hits and I just feel a little blue for no particular reason. I always just focus on the fact that they will soon pass and are most likely hormone and sleep related, so I just try and take a little bit more care of myself (pizza, house and chocolate orange on the couch was just what was needed).
9. I went to a lovely blogger meet up at Winter Wonderland on Thursday and it was so much fun! The girls were all so nice and it was great to go out and have a chat surrounded by all the Christmas lights and having a mulled cider.
10. I am now on holiday for a whole 17 days and it is only a few days until Christmas! Perfectly ideal.
What has made you happy recently? What are you excited about for Christmas?