JC Writes: 14 Things You Didn’t Know About Me!
I was going to do a life lately update post today but then I realised it has been a pretty boring week, so I thought I would write about something a little different – 15 things you didn’t know about me! This also has a great side effect in that I am in the process of sorting out my ‘About’ page as part of my January blog overhaul, and now I can add this to the little section of ‘read these to find out more!’, ideal.
1. I really like odd numbers. I know most people like volume and things to be on even numbers but I am definitely the opposite. I like 3s and 7s the most. 27 is definitely my favourite number and it always seems to pop up in various places in my life.
2. I used to wear jeans all the time but I would say for the past 4 years I could probably count on two hands the number of times I have worn any form of trousers. I just find them really uncomfortable and that skirts and dresses look so much better on my body shape!
3. I had braces twice. I have them for 18 months when I was 13, but when I lived in America my retainers broke and my teeth moved (always wear your retainer kids!). I was just going to leave them but I decided when I was 17/18 to get another brace for 6 months on my bottom teeth. Now they are nice and straight and I have a permanent retainer behind my teeth to keep them that way! If not wearing your retainers was a mistake that you made just like I did, it could be as simple as speaking to a Dentist in Healdsburg, for example, (or one closer to where you live) in the hopes of finally getting braces again! There are also other treatments like Invisalign that you could go for. Either way, you’ll soon have the smile you have always wanted. This time, remember to wear your retainers! All this talk about teeth has reminded me that I am thinking of getting my teeth whitened very soon! My best friend who lives in Connecticut recently had her teeth whitened by a Dentist in Hartford and she is so happy with the results that she has inspired me to do the same. I just need to do some research first to find out which whitening treatment is right for me.
4. When I was about 15, I spent $5 getting the top of my ear pierced. It got infected and ended up with a huge lump of scar tissue on the top of my ear. It looked pretty gross but was deemed ‘cosmetic’ so my parents ended up having to pay $600 to get it removed by a cosmetic surgeon. I have been too scared to get anything pierced since!!
5. I really like history, especially British history and the Tudors. Visiting stately homes and palaces is one of my favourite things to do. I went to Hampton Court at the beginning of last year and loved it – anything Henry the Eighth time and I am there!
6. I knit, crochet and cross stitch to get a bit of creativity in my life. I wanted to start selling these little eye masks on etsy but they take too long to make that I just don’t have enough time.
7. I support Manchester City football. I don’t really follow football but this is my families team so I take their alliances. I support New Zealand in rugby, followed by England – hard to have country alliances with all this moving about! The rugby world cup bets get a little complicated sometimes too!
8. I played netball all through school and did fencing. My dad is a fencing coach and I really hope to try and get into it again this year as it is quite a fun form of fitness.
9. I love animals and animal experiences. I went on a meet the Red Panda right before I moved from New Zealand and it was amazing. I did a meet the penguins one when I was younger and want to do some more in London.
10. I eat so many foods now which I used to hate like smoked salmon, avocado, olives, and sundried tomatoes (I know what was I thinking?!) but I can’t bring myself to eat mushrooms even though I do try!
11. I really hate heights, even high buildings aren’t my favourite things. I will go up them more but I don’t enjoy it. I don’t know what I would do if my office was any higher than about 8 floors. We went to the 36th floor of the Heron Tower for sushi and I have to say it made me feel a bit ill when I looked down.
12. I studied biology, chemistry and maths at high school then did a biology and genetics degree at uni. I don’t work in science anymore as I didn’t want to work in a lab all day but I still love everything to do with it and miss studying it a whole lot.
13. I tend to wear the same jewellery for really long time periods. I wore the same necklace for about 6-7 years and only changed it recently to one I got for my birthday which I haven’t taken off since then either. I also seem to usually wear the same earrings and ring if I remember to put that on. I have a new cute ring holder to remind me too.
14. I wasn’t allowed any fizzy drinks when I was growing up. I blame this for my giant diet coke addiction which I currently have. Though I am attempting to cut it down to one can a day!
Share a random fact about you which people may not yet know!