JC Writes: 14 Things You Didn’t Know About Me!
I was going to do a life lately update post today but then I realised it has been a pretty boring week, so I thought I would write about something a little different – 15 things you didn’t know about me! This also has a great side effect in that I am in the process of sorting out my ‘About’ page as part of my January blog overhaul, and now I can add this to the little section of ‘read these to find out more!’, ideal.
1. I really like odd numbers. I know most people like volume and things to be on even numbers but I am definitely the opposite. I like 3s and 7s the most. 27 is definitely my favourite number and it always seems to pop up in various places in my life.
2. I used to wear jeans all the time but I would say for the past 4 years I could probably count on two hands the amount of times I have worn any form of trousers. I just find them really uncomfortable and that skirts and dresses look so much better on my body shape!
3. I had braces twice. I have them for 18 months when I was 13, but when I lived in America my retainers broke and my teeth moved (always wear your retainer kids!). I was just going to leave them but I decided when I was 17/18 to get another brace for 6 months on my bottom teeth. Now they are nice and straight and I have a permanent retainer behind my teeth to keep them that way!
4. When I was about 15, I spent $5 getting the top of my ear pierced. It got infected and ended up with a huge lump of scar tissue on the top of my ear. It looked pretty gross but was deemed ‘cosmetic’ so my parents ended up having to pay $600 to get it removed by a cosmetic surgeon. I have been too scared to get anything pierced since!!
5. I really like history, especially British history and the Tudors. Visiting stately homes and palaces are one of my favourite things to do. I went to Hampton Court at the beginning of last year and loved it – anything Henry the Eighth time and I am there!
6. I knit, crochet and cross stitch to get a bit of creativity in my life. I wanted to start selling these little eye masks on etsy but they take too long to make that I just don’t have enough time.
7. I support Manchester City football. I don’t really follow football but this is my families team so I take their alliances. I support New Zealand in rugby, followed by England – hard to have country alliances with all this moving about!
8. I played netball all through school and did fencing. My dad is a fencing coach and I really hope to try and get into it again this year as it is quite a fun form of fitness.
9. I love animals and animal experiences. I went on a meet the Red Panda right before I moved from New Zealand and it was amazing. I did a meet the penguins one when I was younger and want to do some more in London.
10. I eat so many foods now which I used to hate like smoked salmon, avocado, olives, and sundried tomatoes (I know what was I thinking?!) but I can’t bring myself to eat mushrooms even though I do try!
11. I really hate heights, even high buildings aren’t my favourite things. I will go up them more but I don’t enjoy it. I don’t know what I would do if my office was any higher than about 8 floors. We went to the 36th floor of the Heron Tower for sushi and I have to say it made me feel a bit ill when I looked down.
12. I studied biology, chemistry and maths at high school then did a biology and genetics degree at uni. I don’t work in science anymore as I didn’t want to work in a lab all day but I still love everything to do with it and miss studying it a whole lot.
13. I tend to wear the same jewellery for really long time periods. I wore the same necklace for about 6-7 years and only changed it recently to one I got for my birthday which I haven’t taken off since then either. I also seem to usually wear the same earrings and ring if I remember to put that on. I have a new cute ring holder to remind me too.
14. I wasn’t allowed any fizzy drinks when I was growing up. I blame this for my giant diet coke addiction which I currently have. Though I am attempting to cut it down to one can a day!
Share a random fact about you which people may not yet know!