This is a kind of exciting post, not just because it’s all about lovely happy things from the past couple of weeks – but also because this is my 200th post! How I’ve managed to sit here and tap out a whole 200 of them, I have no idea. I’m going to be doing a little round up of them soon (and an image archive if I ever get time…!).
So the last 2 weeks summed up in one word… BUSY! Seriously, coming up to deadlines at work and it has been full on, lots of work and not too much time to blog, but it feels good to be making a lot of progress. Let’s get into the happy things now, shall we?
1. We just got back from a long weekend in Anglesey. Expect a whole post, but just look at that view. We did so well with the weather and I had an awesome time shutting down from work and technology.
2. I went to pint of science! This was one of the best things I’ve ever heard of, talks about awesome science and research all talked to you over a pint at the pub. I only managed to get to one – all about physics in the world around us where I learn about plastic electronics and it was SO interesting. I had tickets for one on genetics as well but unfortunately had to travel for work. It’s on for 3 days a year and can’t wait for next year already!
3. Our tickets for F1 arrived! I bought Paul and I tickets for the Silverstone Grand Prix for his birthday back in January. I literally ordered these in October and they finally appeared this week. Already looking forward to it – I enjoyed the Monaco grand prix this weekend too.
4. The bike! Pretty sure this features in every happy things post, but I finally got an action shot.
5. Weight Watchers biscuits*. I got sent some of these delish custard creams from Weight Watchers and they are so good. When I’m busy I do tend to fall into bad eating habits, so these have been perfect for a little afternoon treat without having to feel guilty about it. Plus custard creams are quite possibly my favourite biscuit ever so a lower calorie option is ideal.
6. My SEO post! I literally spent what felt like a week writing and rewriting it, so I’m really happy that so many people found it useful!
7. The Thinking Sideways and Start Up podcasts. I’ve done a whole lot of driving over the past couple of weeks so it’s been nice to listen to interesting things! I mentioned Thinking Sideways in my top 6 podcast post, but it is so good. All about unsolved mysteries and I love the hosts. Start Up follows two new companies as they launch their businesses – it’s made by one of the guys who used to do This American Life and is fabulous.
8. We went to Alices Undergound Adventures at the Waterloo Vaults. I hadn’t been to the theatre in ages so this was awesome. It’s an immersive experience where you go down the rabbit hole. You get split into suits (I was a diamond) and took visits to different characters before all meeting again at the Mad Hatters Tea Party. I thought it was awesome – so nice to go to something that bit different!
9. My lovely American cousins came to visit! We went out for a nice dinner in central London, and it made me want to plan a trip back to America ASAP.
Tell me what has made you happy recently!
*As always, I only feature products on the blog which I love! No love, no blog.