And summer has begun! The sun is finally bringing its face out, and the past two weeks have involved a whole lot of sitting in the sunshine and sipping some Pimms. I’m in Manchester this week, then off to Silverstone for the F1 this weekend which is super exciting! The forecast at the moment looks stunning so can’t wait to see what it’s like. I’m also off to Portugal next Tuesday so there may be a little lag in terms of posting, but don’t worry, lots of exciting posts coming up! Now, onto the happy things…
1. Whose Line Is It Anyway – I’ve loved Whose Line ever since I was young. I used to watch it whenever I felt a bit down and my parents would always find it so entertaining as I laughed my head off. So when I heard they were coming to London, I was so excited. And it was SO GOOD. Honestly, I pretty much cried with laughter the whole time, totally lived up to my expectations.
2. A day off during the week – Paul and I had Thursday off work as a bit of a mid week treat! It was awesome to be able to wander round central London when it isn’t absolutely heaving with people after work or tourists on the weekend. I have a few days off during the week in July and I am looking forward to them already.
3. Covent Garden Food Tour – On our day off, we also went on a food tour in London. I love a good food tour (we did an awesome one in Prague), and my parents were lovely enough to buy us one for Pauls birthday earlier in the year. We wandered around Covent Garden tasting chocolate, cheese, tapas and a range of goodies. I discovered a few new places in the city where I hadn’t been before, can’t wait to do some more exploring.
4. A country pub in London – I’ve been doing a lot of cycling and Paul and I discovered an awesome pub called The Telegraph up near Richmond/Wimbledon which feels as though it is in the middle of the countryside. We have been a couple of times to sit in the giant pub garden in the sunshine. Feel as though this will be a summer staple.
5. Rebounce London – I went to a Rebounce class in Clapham Junction on Wednesday, they have a deal where you get your first visit free. I was a bit wary as I’m quite unfit but I had such a good time! It pretty much involves doing a dance routine on a tiny trampoline. The lights are low, the music loud, and there is no pressure to get it right or be in time, just have fun and get an awesome workout. I was so focussed on trying to get the moves down that I didn’t realise how much of an epic workout I was getting (but when I stopped for a break I most definitely did!). I will definitely be back after my busy couple of weeks. Highly recommend if you want a good workout down in South West London.
6. Dying my hair! – I had been thinking of dying my hair for ages, but finally got around to doing it last week. I had a blonde dye, I kind of always knew it wouldn’t actually go blonde but I really like the colour it turned out, like a soft light brown. I may dye it a bit blonder next week…
7. New bathroom – We got our new bathroom installed! I used to spend hours searching for luxury walk in showers online, making myself green with envy, but now I have one myself! I’ll be blogging all about it soon, we just need to get it painted and a few accessories first, as well as install and clean the shower glass panels. Our new bathroom has been a long time coming since our drains got blocked! Our house is quite old so we do tend to encounter some plumbing problems here and there. I recently spoke to my Australian friend who lives in Sydney and she recently had the exact same problem. How unlucky are we? If you need an Expert in blocked drains hills district, Sydney though, head to prplumb.com.au to get your plumbing woes sorted. However, if you live closer such as in the states, you will want someone who can get to you in a quick time, so check out companies like https://www.sarkinenplumbing.com/portland-plumbers/ to see if they can be of service to you.
8. Delicious candles – I wandered past the Vanilla Cupcake Yankee candle in Boots and decided on a whim to pick it up. The flat has been smelling very sweet recently!
9. Driving and podcasts – I’ve been doing a whole lot of driving recently which has been awesome as I love a good road trip. I’ve been putting some podcasts on, been loving Sword and Scale and Thinking Sideways if you need some good suggestions.
10. I love Strange Made Mes post on how your current situation is not your final destination, which I think is such an important thing to realise if you are feeling a bit stagnant. Day Dreaming Foodie also posted an awesome recipe for Rhubarb and Strawberry Vodka.
What has made you happy this month?