Oh hey, update time. Feel as though I haven’t done one of these in forever, because man have I been busy! What with a hugely intense period of time at work, along with wanting to hang out with Hannah all the time, heading off on holiday and then having events on at the weekend, blogging has turned into a late night activity! But with all that busy-ness, there have been a lot of happy moments – many of which involve food… my bad!
1. I went to my first wedding! Well of memory anyway, I was a bridesmaid when I was about 5. We went to one of Paul’s friends weddings where he was best man and we had such an awesome time. It was a stunning location and the day went off without a hitch. We have another 3 weddings this year to look forward to as well – I need to get shopping!
2. Prets Kale and Cauliflower Macaroni Cheese – cheesy, carby deliciousness which doesn’t make me feel too guilty.
3. I went to the dentist and it wasn’t a disaster! I’d been dreading going to the dentist, not because I thought there was anything wrong, it’s just not the most enjoyable of experiences. So I sucked it up and went downstairs (we live in the building above one!) to get a check up and all went okay! Now I don’t need to think about it for another year – ideal. It’s a bit frustrating though because my friend has a dentist a bit similar to this Dentist Brooklyn, and she loves it! Baffles me as well if I’m honest.
4. Flesh + Buns – we finally made it over to Flesh and Buns and it was delicious! We had salmon and beef buns, along with donuts for dessert. I really like the idea of building the buns ourselves and really enjoyed it. Plus it was awesome to be able to catch up with old friends!
5. Paul did his Prudential 100 on Sunday and I’m so proud of him! If you don’t know what it is then it is a 100 mile cycle down out of London into Surrey. We went and celebrated when he got into The Mall on the finish line.
6. Linked to number 5, I finally got back on the bike this week – I’m aiming now the temperature is a bit lower than our heatwave in upping my fitness routine – so watch this space.
7. I’ve been helping host the new #travelbloggers twitter chat! It take place on Thursdays at 9pm GMT along with Alices Desk and Things Sarah Loves and so far it has been great. I love twitter chats, and being able to sit and yap about travel is ideal for me. If you feel like getting involved then join us on the hashtag on Saturday and you can follow the chat account here too.
8. We went to Ben’s Canteen for brunch on Sunday which was really good. I do enjoy their food even if it is a bit pricey. They have opened a branch just down the road from us too which is very handy for lazy Sunday mornings.
9. Hannah is still here! It’s still so awesome having my bestie around to come and hang out as she is only staying round the corner. I’m going to be so sad when she leaves!!
10. I’ve been really enjoying Ancas posts about her trip to London – it’s always good to get a bit of tourist inspiration! I’ve also been loving Jess’ mid year favourites – some much needed beauty inspiration!
What’s made you happy this week?