Aaaand I’ve been back to the grind for 2 whole weeks! To be honest, it hasn’t been as bad as I expected. I’ve tried to keep lots of free time for down time which has made the whole slide back into work a lot smoother. And you know, the fact that I have a nice little trip to Rome planned for next week also helps to ease the pain right?
Also, I’ve been thinking of trying to organise a little London craft meet up. The craft doesn’t need to be thread based at all but just something you like tinkering with whilst meeting other people! If that sounds appealing then let me know and I’ll keep you informed 🙂
1 Getting back into embroidery. Oh it’s so nice to get back and get stitching! I’ve done a couple of hoops so far. I think I need to try and get a bit of cohesion between all my designs – one day right? I popped to John Lewis and bought a load new stuff too and a new stitches book so I can hopefully try a few new things!
2 Going on a well being day with Gather. Lisa, one of my sisters kiwi friends in London has created an awesome London womens network called Gather. I’ve been to a couple of events previously but last weekend headed out for their wellbeing day. It was such a joy, basically a day in the countryside with loads of other awesome women talking about work and self development and eating lots of biscuits. Winning. Highly recommend you check out some of their events!
3. All of the cheese fondue. I met Katy last week to indulge in ALL of the fondue. It was so so good. It reminded me of our Switzerland trip last year where I basically ate fondue non stop. More please.
4. Getting new plant babies. I had a small (large) plant issue when I was holiday as it was SO HOT. And I didn’t think it would be. So my baby Calathea had a proper breakdown. I thought all was lost but she seems to be trying to come back to life. So whilst I’m nursing her, I thought she could do with some plant friends so that the plant corner doesn’t look so depressing. I got a giant Mr Monstera who is thriving and a beautiful Boston Fern for the bedroom. This is only the start for my bedroom, as it needs an overhaul. I’ve recently been looking for a new bed set and there are plenty that I like which can be found on Fashion Database, so I may invest in one of those soon. But the flat will soon be full of plants and I am happy about it.
5. Remembering how to crochet. I used to crochet all the time a few years ago. It was my thing before embroidery but I fell out with it eventually. I decided that it was time to get back into it as I wanted to try something a bit different. Luckily, I have so far remember what I’m doing and I bought a little kit to make a giraffe. Fingers crossed it turns out okay!
6. Love Island. UGH I mean I do hate it in one way, but I also can’t stop watching. I was always one of those people who was like ‘MUST MUTE ALL MENTION’ of it. Buuuut I got back and I needed something to keep me awake between 9 and 10, and well now I’m hooked. I’ve got multiple whatsapp groups and it’s all going off. If you can’t beat em, join em!!
7. Sunshine and lunchtime wanders. This weather has been glorious right?! I mean, I felt like we didn’t reeeeally get proper summer last year, but this year it’s been beaming. I’ve been trying to go for a walk each lunch time to really make the most of it!
8. Catching up with pals. It’s been so nice to catch up with all of the gals now I’m back! I’ve been eating a lot of pizza and brunch and it’s all that I need really.
9. An excessive amount of sugar. I definitely need to stop soon. After the great effort I made to basically not eat sugar for like 3+ months before holiday has now gone out the window. Mainly because I brought so much NZ chocolate home with me and then I immediately needed to consume it all. But you know, it’s been delicious and so worth it. Also I’m doing Dry June (more on that soon…) and I feel like I need some joy (sugar) in my life right?!
10. Posts I’ve been enjoying this week:
Now then, tell me what’s been happy for you lately!